Saturday, March 14, 2009

SHOULD OLD AQUAINTENCE BE FORGOT

onday morning, our last day in LA and the day before my birthday...

After over a week couchsurfing at Leon’s apartment. My insomniac ways are back to haunt me and needed another three or four hours sleep over and above the pre-planned 07.30 alarm call. Leon took us out to a fast-food joint called In and Out. If you ever visit America go there. It beats what we know as hamburgers hands down… tenfold. The burgers are actually edible, the fries are hand-cut on the premises and each paper cup has a bible verse on the bottom. Mine was Levi 3.4 which I think means I’ve just gained a jeans size.



We’ll miss Leon, he is a strange one what with his dancing like a robot in Thai restaurants and musings on life but he let us live in his house for ten days rent-free (saving us $700 in hostels) showed us round, bought us meals twice and entertained or let us lounge around. The night before, Sunday Leon’s friend with benefits, Sunday came round. She seemed really nice but apparently has multiple personality disorder. I guess that’s good for Leon as he’s essentially having a gangbang with Sunday and four other, different girls. I didn’t enquire but for convenience, one assumes they’re named Monday through Thursday.


Earlier on Sunday we took the twenty five cent bus to Griffith Observatory as seen in Rebel Without A Cause. It boasts magnificent views south over LA and we hiked down to take some great snaps.

No comments: