Saturday, March 14, 2009

OUT OF GAS

Last night we drove from Lordsburg, New Mexico through El Paso, where we could see the giant Mexican flag signalling the border crossing - we have decided not to drive through Mexico on account of the stories everyone has told us, including Mexicans. They are cutting off tourists hands.

Oh, I haven’t mentioned how much we love our new home. We look forward to bedtime, its just like a proper home. There I said it. Happy now?

We made it onto the highway and soon Natalie started making noises about running out of gas. Panicking, we didn’t take the turn for Dell City and pushed on for an RV park in the Guadalupe Mountain National Park. We only just made it. O.P. was coughing and spluttering like one of Reverend Autry’s tank engines and we glided in on fumes alone. Two phone calls to the American Automobile Association later we were told that our fuel would arrive by 10.24pm. Very precise. We found a way of killing time and I was rudely interrupted filling Natalie’s tank with my fuel by a mechanic with more of the same.

I have come to the conclusion that Natalie is quite, quite insane…

This morning she dressed like this to use restroom:



That said, I did have my boxer shorts on backwards all day yesterday.

This afternoon we went to Carlsbad Caverns, New Mexico. They are the biggest caves in the Western World, which only serves to make me want to see the biggest in the Eastern World. They were pretty impressive, my second favourite cave after… No, not Wookey Hole.

There were some familiar looking, lit up sights, like this one

and this one.

We secretly renamed them Natalie’s Caves, I think on account that she liked them so much.

I’m not sure, I’m confused.

No comments: