Saturday, March 14, 2009

I'M A PING PONG WIZARD, IT HAS TO BE SAID

Not for the first time in her life, Natalie had a Big Wang - amazing chicken wings. Will’s friend A arrived and the Wills drank Bud cos the girls were driving. We went to a bar and played ping pong. We were all much better than I thought we would be. Will and I had a goliath game, I somehow had my killer serve intact though I hadn’t played since the fifth form common room. Nat was good and A took on and beat two random guys.

Me drunk, Natalie drove us nearly all the way home to Leon’s before we realised that I’d left my rucksack, containing her purse, my laptop, hard drive and both our passports in. What a complete dick. She turned us round, I rang a sober "A" who jumped into rescue mode and arrived miraculously to find my backpack lying there on the sidewalk where I'd left in. Intact.

What are the chances of that? In a city where bums pick up and sell aluminum cans and fag ends, it was still there. I secretly said a thank you prayer as imagine the trouble I’d have been in with the wife.

As we'd say in Briz; what a idiot.

The next day we spent about four hours cleaning the van and it was perhaps the first time I’d seen Natalie being homely. She put new apple-covered fablon on the fridge and was surprisingly house-proud. I reckon she’s lulling me into a false sense of security on that front and will lapse back to the messy slag I know she is from having lived with her before.

Joking aside, this is a big step for us both. I never thought I’d be buying my second home after what happened with the first. If you don’t know, I’m sure I’ll explain one day. I also never thought I’d be buying that home with Natalie. It’s possibly a bigger step for her, having lived with one other man in her life - her Dad.

No comments: