That’s what happens when you wait… time happens to you, not you to it. We were waiting for our pink slip, the proof of ownership of the RV that we need in order to sell it. And when you are waiting for something you can’t do anything else but wait. Nothing constructive anyway.
Maybe origami.
Dave took us out for Chinese on Easter Monday lunchtime, it was refreshing to see him again. I used to work with him in London. We chatted of times at our old company, of departed friends (and foes) and of writing. I always found Dave quite inspirational, not in a self-help, happy-clappy way, but just in terms of asking the right questions to focus your mind on what you want. He said from the way I held myself that it was plain I was not over what happened in London, and that I would not be able to write until I was. I’m not so sure that’s true, but I do hold myself differently now… gone is the cocksure sod who walks into a room and tells people what to do. Maybe that’s a good thing.
Right or wrong, what Dave said got me thinking about what I wanted….
I spent the next sleepless night planning what to write, that’s my problem you see… I know I have great ideas but never know which to run with. This movie script, that drama series, this website, that book… My mind is a maelstrom. Especially when I’m trying to get to sleep.
I literally don’t know what I’m doing, or where I’m going…. We have a few ideas for what next and I hope that when we stop moving, settle down a bit I can start on one of these ideas at a time. I have always viewed time like sand. When I get chance to breathe I can begin x, y and z, but I never get that chance to breathe. The sand slips through my fingers as I try to catch it with the other hand. There’s always a new set of barriers stopping my way, holding me back.
And self made barriers are the hardest to hurdle.
Please don't sit alone like me.
-
Gradually emerging. But still taking. some time to work out what's going
on, inside my mind. anyone got any tips? But seriously, I'm cool. I just
need to ...
1 year ago
No comments:
Post a Comment