“Hey, I’m Bill and I’m Stryne”
“Hello, I’m William and I am Australian”
If ‘Straya is the country, then Stryne is the language. Without being disparaging it’s a very lazy language with more short-cuts than hobbits through Farmer Maggot’s fields. A bit like Bristolian or Briz, on their own, the words sound like English but if you’re not from there the phrases make no sense whatsoever, so I’ll start with a few obvious ones.
This afternoon - this avo
The Salvation Army - Salvo’s
The Off Licence or Bottle Shop - Bottlo
An ambulance - Ambo
The Fire Brigade - Firies
Parents - Oldies. Or just olds
Milkman - Milko
Hong Kong - Honkers
Erskinevillle, a suburb of Sydney - Erko
Very Good - Rip snorter (that was a rip snorter of a party)
An Argument - a shitfight
Whatyamacallit - Thingo
And my favo’s
Lets drink some beer - Lets drink some piss
Something very dry - As dry as a dead dingo’s donger
To get an erection - To crack a fat
Please don't sit alone like me.
-
Gradually emerging. But still taking. some time to work out what's going
on, inside my mind. anyone got any tips? But seriously, I'm cool. I just
need to ...
1 year ago
No comments:
Post a Comment