Friday, December 19, 2008

WITH YOUR ARMS AROUND MY LOVE

The next two nights I stayed at Henrietta’s house. Who is ace. She’s a thirty six year old, gorgeous masseuse who loves life and her job. We have quite a good laugh together and I think she thinks I’m amusing. I’m going back to stay again and have been invited to her party. Although its been a lifesaver and I need to be around other people, I’m not sure I could open up my home unconditionally as Etta and other couch surfers do, but I will give it a go when I have a home in London or Brighton again. If that ever happens.

Speaking of London, Australian place names are either

a) silly sounding Aborigine words like Woolongong or Funnytummy or Rottonbottom or

b) nicked from England. There’s even a suburb of Sydney called Chiswick; the one place I came away to escape from so I didn’t have to watch a girl meet someone else, get married and have babies from a viewpoint half a mile up the road.

There. I said it.

No comments: