I mentioned the town you come from that you have to escape from a moment ago and opening Facebook I had a message from someone who was once very, very dear to me. She is called Kate and when I was eighteen I was very, very much in love with her. But she just wanted to be best friends. I’d actually been thinking about her just days ago, albeit it briefly though I’ve no idea why I did. She almost supernaturally got in touch after finding a book from my childhood I gave her. It was called “When we were very young” by A.A. Milne, you know Christopher Robin from Winnie the Poo’s dad. It contained some of my favourite poetry as a lad.
What do Winnie the Pooh and Jack the Ripper have in common?
The same middle name.
She said it "made me smile and I had a warm and fuzzy moment. It takes me back to a lovely time in my life." I smiled and felt the same. Anyway she spoke emotively of what’s been going on in her life. It’s been ages since we were last in touch and we’ll have so much to catch up on if and when I see her when I next visit my mum, who incidentally asks every time I’m there “how’s that nice girl Kate?” begging the response “I dunno, I haven’t seen her in fifteen years mum.”
One of my lasting memories of her is me telling her I was completely and utterly, one hundred percent, head-over-heels in love with her. She almost crashed the car and killed us both. Dead funny. We drove to Tessa's house who asked me in hushed tones upon arrival “Did you tell her yet?”
Please don't sit alone like me.
-
Gradually emerging. But still taking. some time to work out what's going
on, inside my mind. anyone got any tips? But seriously, I'm cool. I just
need to ...
1 year ago
No comments:
Post a Comment