Saturday, December 20, 2008

DIRTY OLE TOWN

Speaking of bastards, I’ve come to realise that Surfers can join backpackers and the Irish to the list of people I hate, along with whinging Aussies. My mate Scottish Pat on Koh Samui retorted to hearing one say “There’s nothing worse thhn whinging Pomms” with “Yes there is; whinging Aussies!” Good lad Patrick. Of course there are exceptions to the rule but ninety nine out of a hundred of them are self-centred nothings… Yes, I love a ddddrink and to socialize, but I don’t have to piss everyone else on the planet off in doing so.

The New Brighton Hotel in Manly was an experience I haven’t felt since going to Oceana or Park Avenue, (the only club in Richmond) by mistake. You know; the feeling like you’d walked into the terrible nightclub in the town you had to escape from. Being schoolies, yeah they might be younger and prettier than me but not everything I do is for effect like them. I sat and watched a group of them after following them from the hostel. They stuck their boards in the sand and sat for a few hours popping off intermittently for ice-creams. Now I know I cannot surf, hardly swim but I have seen their like before. I used to meet plenty of kids who called themselves skaters but would carry their decks under their arms. Fakes. It was the same as these guys. So many people get into things for the wrong reasons, like surfing, sk8ing or the television industry.

No comments: